Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Tartare?

The cheftestants had to be ballpark ready for this elimination challenge - but first, I'll give credit to Ed for winning the quickfire challenge! It looked like one yummy Gnocchi meal. For those of you who don't know what Gnocchi is, it's basically a potato-like dumpling, so you know it's got to be good. Even though Angelo's statement about Ed's face being a perfect fit on a frozen meal logo was kind of harsh, I have to say I agree with him. Sorry Ed, no hard feelings please.

The heat really cranked up at the Washington Nationals Stadium. Everyone loved Tiffany's meatball subs. I would definitely call that a ballpark meal - but I still love my basic hotdog with mustard! Ed's corn fritters were also a hit with the fans. Add some good southern food like Ed's choice in the mix and you're guaranteed to have a winner. Ed's fritters won him a trip to Australia and a book from the guest judge. This definitely makes up for being the runner-up in the previous challenge. Now he can easily take his girlfriend somewhere fabulous - who wouldn't want to visit Australia?!

Angelo went a little crazy in the Quickfire...and he calls Ed the Tasmanian Devil in the kitchen?
Ed may not be a Tasmanian Devil, but he definitely has a comical personality -- let's just say Tiffany's yellow dress really didn't compliment his skin tone.

It was definitely time for Amanda to leave. She just wasn't up to par with the rest of the chefs. Not to mention she's kind of odd. Her mac and cheese in the Quickfire challenge probably would've been Heaven on Earth for me since it is one of my favorite meals in the whole entire world, but she definitely played it safe. And who would choose to eat tuna tartare at a baseball game? Ew. And even worse, it supposedly started to turn black? I hope all chefs learned from her mistake...

To wrap it all up: Amanda was eliminated, Ed won both challenges, and Tiffany is still awesome.

2 comments:

  1. AHHH!! I love love Top Chef and I have been watching all night. Not to mention I love Rachel Zoe & most of the Real Housewives, depends on what city we're talkin' ;)

    Thanks for the comments :) Your blog is so cute and I love the concept - please keep reading & follow!

    XOXO.
    www.styleactivist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm happy to hear someone else loves Top Chef as much as I do! I definitely have to agree with you on what Realhousewives city we're talking about! Hence my most recent blog about D.C.

    Keep reading and thanks for the comment!

    Bless.
    Mal and Kat

    ReplyDelete

We would love love love to hear your thoughts and comments!

[bless bless]